First Priority Enrollment: contractor/dispatcher/business agent referrals for members that meet second priority eligibility requirements or members that haven’t taken training in last 2 years that meet second priority eligibility requirements.
Second Priority Enrollment: current IUOE Local 302/612 members with 200+ hours within the last 2 years working for a contributing contractor.
Third Priority Enrollment: current IUOE Local 302/612 members with less than 200 hours within the last 2 years working for a contributing contractor.
· If a member is not immediately placed in their course request, they will be added to the wait list.
· Placement in classes is not necessarily first come, first served (i.e.: priority enrollments).
· The Training Center will call members to place in courses, but if after 3 unsuccessful attempts to contact the member or the member turns down the course, they will be removed from that course’s wait list.
Training Deposit ($25 yearly fee) must be received by the Training Center Office prior to being placed in a training course or on a waiting list.
· If the member is only taking satellite safety courses, the training deposit is not required.
· Check or money order can be mailed in or debit/credit cards can be taken over the phone.
· If a member is already on a previous year’s waiting list, they must submit their training deposit by December 31, 2010 or they will be removed from the waiting lists.
Reimbursement: For members that have met the requirements, training deposits will be refunded at the end of every training season (typically July) unless they are signed up or wait listed for future courses. Members can also request reimbursement at any time.
Course Cancellations / No Shows:
· If a member is enrolled in a course and must cancel their seat for any reason with less than a week’s notice, they will forfeit their training deposit. To be considered for future openings, a new training deposit must be received. If the member sends documentation regarding a reasonable excuse (i.e.: dispatch) for cancelling their seat with less than a week’s notice, the Training Program will determine if training deposit is forfeited or not.
· If a member is enrolled in a course and does not show up or call to cancel their seat, they will forfeit their training deposit and will be removed from all other training course wait lists. To be considered for future openings, a new training deposit must be received. If the member sends documentation regarding a reasonable excuse for not showing up, the Training Program will determine if training deposit is forfeited or not.
· If a member does not show up or cancel their seat in advance in 2 or more satellite safety courses, they will be removed from all other wait lists.
· If during a training course, the member has any unexcused tardiness or absences, unsafe practices, attitude problems, does not follow the rules/regulations, etc. the Training Program has the right to remove them from that course and possibly future courses as well.